Thursday, April 7, 2011

Table Inspirations

Every other year, the Friends of Lied host an incredible event, Table Inspirations. Local designers are asked to design a table around a designated theme. This year's theme was "Celebrations!" There certainly was a celebratory air as hundreds of people viewed over 30 fabulous table displays! Creativity was everywhere!

I chose for my table design, the theme "Celebration of Song." I was inspired by my piano at the shop that has become a signature display piece at Sonata. I thought of recitals, rehearsals, and impromptu singing sessions that occurred around the pianos in my life. What better celebration for Sonata than one centered around music. Better yet, I thought, why not use a piano as my table!



Special thanks to Dietze Music House for delivering a beautiful piano for me to use as my table!



Ludwig might have a scowl on his face, but he was the perfect guest at my table!



Pull up a chair! (or a stool!) These two retro red stools were the perfect seating option for this recital table setting.



I stacked dessert dishes on open music books used as placemats. Sonata's popular music lyric blocks provided great height to highlight beautiful dishes and pink champagne cupcakes from one of my favorite coffe shop, the' Cup!



Songbird cloches keep the cupcakes fresh and my mouth watering!




Music sculptures (just in at Sonata) gave the display height and graceful curve.





Pink peonies, red tulips, and purple berries!




Vintage record albums and sheet music dressed the keyboard.



Since there was no on playing the piano (yet!), I turned the piano bench into the wine center.



Full view as you come up the stairs.



Many thanks to the Friends of Lied for including Sonata in this incredible event! I know that it takes a tremendous amount of time and energy to pull this together. I had a wonderful time meeting so many incredible women. I am truly inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment