Sunday, August 21, 2011

Autumn Inspiration




With the change of season, I am always eager to change displays. Fall offers a wonderful opportunity to rearrange and redisplay. Oh, how I love fall! I was deciding on the direction of this display until I ventured into my hall closet. I was inspired by some old wallpaper that had exactly the color combination I was looking for!

Instead of going with the usual fabric tablecloth or runner, I decided to use some leftover wallpaper as a runner (and protective layer for the table.) This lovely stripe from my dining room in a previous home had the perfect shades of fall for this display. Just cut and let hang over the edge!


I love using trunks and other small pieces of furniture in displays. I found this vintage grey/black suitcase.....definitely a no frills piece. However, it provided another great wallpaper opportunity. I lined the underside of the lid with the companion wallpaper from my old dining room and used the stripe paper to line the inside. Instant fall color and pattern!


Varying the heights of objects keeps the eye moving and the interest alive. This golden tortoise glass vase was the perfect vessel for these fall florals. Have I mentioned I love fall!


Applause! Applause! These florals are the perfect backdrop for this bronze-colored clapping hands sculpture.


Small Pumpkins on a floral stem.


Can't help but add a purse! Available in brown or black....classic with a shot of animal print!


Always need to consider the display from the back side!

Cheers!
~Missy



No comments:

Post a Comment