Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Suitcase or Suit to taste?



I am headed to market in Atlanta and so begins the struggle of deciding what to pack. It is daunting to anticipate all of the women wearing very high heels as they work their way through the showrooms. I, on the other hand, am a dedicated "flat" girl who must rely on her sense of style in a pair of comfortable, low shoes. As I stare at my overloaded suitcase, my thoughts turned to how travel has changed and our means of transporting our shoes along with it. Taking it a step further, how can we incorporate these traveling time capsules into our home decor?


Steamer trunks used to be the suitcase of choice. (I am now truly grateful for my suitcase on wheels!) Heavy, bulky, and the perfect coffee table with storage!


Perfect in a craft room or office for storing crafting or office supplies. Cover your own suitcase with photographs, maps, or my personal favorite....sheet music!


This looks just like an old suitcase of my grandfather's. Anchor on a wall with a small metal L bracket (thank you Home Depot!) along with photographs of loved ones or favorite places of travel.


Ah, the dog's life! My dog, Charlie, would LOVE this!

Stay tuned over the next week. I will do my best to bring you a taste of the Atlanta market and what might in "store" for Sonata!

No comments:

Post a Comment